Thursday, February 23, 2006

Where are the viewpoints?

The Marquette Tribune has been missing something recently, viewpoints. Viewpoints are the only reason why I pick up the paper in the first place. It gives me an idea as what some of my fellow classmates are thinking. In my opinion it is the best writing in whole paper. Some of the topics are so random and I get a good laugh out of it. Some viewpoints get me mad, but then again I easily get agitated. I am sick and tired of hearing what paid staff for the Tribune have to say. I mean, come on, who really cares if the columnist can’t figure out the new scoring system for figure skating in the Olympics? I know that said earlier that I like to read the randomness of the viewpoints, but the columnists are paid to write this stuff. On another note, I like how the Tribune uses the AP for most of their stories. These are the same stories that I have read word for word the day before.

Oh, I think I found a viewpoint!

Nope, it's just some random picture with some stupid saying.

(BTW, I also think ninjas are totally sweet!)

5 Comments:

Anonymous John Heiderscheidt said...

Melissa-

I am the Op/ Ed Editor of the Tribune. The problem is that we are not getting anyone to submit viewpoints. Otherwise you would get all the idiotic ramblings you crave.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Daniel Chapman said...

Clearly you've never been to www.realultimatepower.net... I laughed my ass off upon seeing that reference in the Trib.

Three true facts about ninjas:

1. Ninjas are mammals.
2. Ninjas fight ALL the time.
3. The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

If you don't like ninjas, then clearly your opinion on anything else can't be worth reading. I call upon all ninjas (and there are millions... you just don't see them!) to boycott this site until she acknowledges that ninjas ARE totally sweet!

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Annie N. said...

Random things like the ninja are called "filler ads" that the are placed to fill white space that was not sold as advertisement space. Ad Designers are asked to create filler ads now and then, and one day we were all talking about how we like ninjas, so my co-worker created that ninja ad. It's just for fun -- and the Creative Department gladly accepts full responsibility for those random blatherings.

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least SOMEONE understands what filler ads are!

1:57 AM  
Blogger onyr said...

if you haven't noticed, your friend john heiderscheidt is correct. Have you not noticed the fact that the recent viewpoints are attempting to provoke people to combat what they say?

Rather than complaining on the comfort of your blog, which fewer people will read, take it to the Trib yourself. I have done this myself actually. I was pleasantly surprised so see my viewpoint published the next week.

The more people who write in - the less the trib will have to use fillers. Yes, fillers come in the form of staff editorials too, as well as ninja ads.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home